Sunday, December 6, 2009

My new plant

Do you know what's the name of this plant? Well, I have no doubt you are familiar with this plant, right? This is popularly used as an ornamental plant both outdoors and indoors . It is called a Snake Plant. Why it is called such name? Well, according to my research because of the shape of its leaves. This plant is closely related to Mother in Law's Tongue. The only difference is that Mother in Law's Tongue has yellow border. They are one of the toughest of all houseplants that don't need much attention and tolerate any conditions, light to dark and irregular watering.
I bought this plant from a fund raising for cancer research 3 weeks ago. I am planning to re-pot it to a bigger pot since I just noticed this morning that new growths are coming out.

2 comments:

Xavi said...

Hi Eden,
This plant is called in botanical name, Sansevieria trifasciata.
You can find more details at this link.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sansevieria_trifasciata
Have a nice day.

Xavi

Eden said...

thanks Xavi. I difinitely check it out.